How We Solve San Diego Wildlife Problems
It starts with your phone call. We answer our phones 24/7, and we will carefully listen to your wildlife problem. Every case is different, so we will ask appropriate questions to help
us understand the situation better. Questions like, "do you hear the noises at night or during the daytime?" or "what type of roof do you have?" After we have a general idea of your
situation, we can provide a ballpark price range, and schedule a same-day or next-day appointment to inspect your property.
INSPECTION: Once on site, we will perform a full inspection of your home and property. This allows us to use the correct strategy and
traps. If the animals are in an attic, a full building inspection is crucial, including the following:
- All ground-level areas, such as piper or A/C line entry & exit areas, A/C chase bottoms, ground-level vents, etc.
- All mid-level areas, such as dryer vents, siding gaps, first floor eaves or dormers, etc.
- We inspect the entire roof, including all plumbing stacks, ridge caps, vents, and other potential gaps or holes.
- We also inspect inside your attic, to identify animals and damage they have caused.
- If the animals are outside, we notice many subtle clues that will assist us in a successful strategy.
TRAPPING, EXCLUSION, REMOVAL: Once we understand what animal species we are dealing with, and the problem, we use the most effective means of removing the animals. We use dozens of different types of traps.
- Trapping - If trapping the animal(s) in live cage traps, trap type, set, and location are crucial to success.
- Exclusion - Oftentimes, we are able to simply set one-way doors or other exclusion devices that allow the animals inside a building to safely exit, but never get back inside.
- Removal By Hand - Sometimes we actually remove animals by hand, or with special tools like snare poles.
- The Law - In all cases, we obey state and local laws regarding wildlife, but aim to take the most humane approach.
ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS: Repairs are a crucial step in the wildlife removal process. In many cases, such as bat or rodent control, the job cannot be performed without detailed repairs, and in
all cases, sealing the entry holes shut ensures that no future wildlife will ever enter your home.
- 100% of the entry holes must be found, and sealed shut, or the job is not complete.
- Our repairs are professional contractor grade, look good, and when applicable we use steel, which rodents such as rats or squirrels are unable to chew through.
- We give a written guarantee on our repairs against any future animal entry.
ATTIC DECONTAMINATION SERVICES: It may be desirable to clean your attic after we've removed the animals. They can leave behind large amounts of droppings,
urine, hair, oils, food, nesting material, and so on. These remnants can attract insects like cockroaches, and the scent left behind can encourage new animals to chew their way into your
house. You might experience odor problems from the waste. It's possible that mold will grow on waste areas.
- We remove or vacuum all droppings, or remove all the soiled insulation.
- We fog the attic with a special enzyme-based cleaner that destroys any organic matter and deodorizes the space.
- We repair damage, such as ductwork, electrical wires, pipes, insulation, and more.
The above are just a brief explanation of some of our methods. I haven't even addressed the hundreds of other potential cases that we deal with, from bat exclusions, to poison-free rodent control, to dead animal removal, bird roosting
prevention, mole trapping in a yard, ground-based exclusion barriers around a shed, etc. etc. Just give us a call any time, and we can describe in detail how we will resolve your specific wildlife problem.
We service the greater San Diego region, including the towns of Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Coronado, Del Mar, El Cajon, Encinitas, Escondido, Imperial Beach, La Mesa, Lemon Grove, National City, Oceanside, Poway, San Marcos, Santee,
Solana Beach, Vista, and more. Our beautiful weather in southern CA allows several species to thrive, including rats, which we commonly remove from homes. We are condsidered the best San Diego rodent control company amonst the local pest
control options, because we solve the problem permanently. We also remove bats from buildings, and squirrels from attics. Some of the larger
wildlife species we trap include raccoons, skunks, and opossums. We also excel in bird control services.
To learn more about our services, visit the San Diego wildlife control
This month's wildlife how-to article: Rat prevention – how to keep rats away from your house and yard
When you look online for information on rat prevention, you wi9ll soon notice that a lot of the stuff that you read will often apply to many other pests and animals that you may find in your home and yard at the same time. Effectively, these tips and methods will kill more than one bird with one stone, but the thing you need to ask yourself is why you weren’t doing these things in the first place! These tips that you come across, and even the ones that you are going to read further down this article; they are all common sense basics that you should be putting into practice. It is a shame how many people simply do not.
Things such as making sure that you don’t have an untidy home, with food always lying around, holes in the framework of your home and much more – these are all very simple steps that you should already have taken. Still, there is no time like the present, so rather than relying on expensive repellents or gadgets that probably won’t work anyway, why not use a few of these very basic steps?
Make sure your home is not a pig sty! The same applies to your yard. If you have a grubby home with crumbs all over the floor, or a yard filled with old bits of wood and random pieces of garbage lying around, you are basically inviting the animals into your home. Clear up after yourself and have a home and yard that you can be proud of and you will be on your way to eliminating your pest problem. Even something as simple as keeping your shrubbery trimmed and removing the cuttings straight away can make the world of difference. And, of course, never leave food lying around, even outside – this is an invitation to most animals, and one that you definitely don’t want to send out.
Do you have holes leading into your home? It could be the smallest of gaps between the pipe that leads the water into your home, or the drainage out, and the wall itself, but the rat can still crawl their way through this. Ideally, every hole that you spot should be filled with a very durable material that the rat cannot gnaw through, such as wire mesh. If you block all of the doors, they will have a much harder time getting in!
As we have already mentioned above, a lot of the commercially bought repellants, in whatever form, rarely work. The sprays are likely to contain toxic compounds that could potentially be harmful to health, especially if you have small children or other pets to think about. Also, some of these gadgets or gizmos are likely to be expensive, and when they don’t work, it is hardly worth it.
Of course, one of the easiest and most carefree methods to eliminating your rat problem is to hire the professional help of a pest control company. After all, they already know that they are doing and have done it many times before and it really does save you a lot of time and effort!
Other San Diego animal pest control topics:
How to kill bats
Rat prevention tips
How to trap skunks
Repellents for California snakes